Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hello and Welcome!

Brien :
Hello and welcome! This is the first posting of Kristi and my's new blog - all about eating out in Phoenix. We're both goofy people, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of goofy, fun postings. And us razzing each other.

To give you some background info on myself, I'm a 29 year old gent (I'll be 30 in December! UGH!) originally from Buchanan, MI/South Bend, IN area. I met Kristi like, uhm, a long time ago. She can count for sure. And we've been best friends since!

I'm a big eater (and a big guy!) and I eat out way too much - almost every night of the week. I love food and my faves are chinese and mexican, both of which are all over the Phoenix area! I'm in pig heaven!!! oink oink baby!

The format for this blog will be just a teensy bit different than most blogs you see - Since there are two of us giving reviews, we're going to just edit to add our own views. So as you can see at the top of this one, there's "Brien:", and when Kristi updates this, on this same post, you'll see "Kristi:" just below my comments. If you see a new post up, and only one name, be sure to check back and see what the other thought! It'll be like Ebert and Roeper at the movies! Only... Except... it'll be Brien and Kristi... eating... at the, you know, restaurants :)

I'm cuttin' it off here! I could talk more but you dont need to hear it! :D

-Brien

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kristi:
I'm looking forward to sharing my non-professional opinion about valley restaurants with everyone. I'm by no means a food snob. I just like to eat. I don't eat out quite as often as Brien does, so he'll definitely have more on here than I will. But the two of us dine together at least once a week, maybe twice. We're going to be trying lots of new places. My favorite cuisines are also Mexican and Chinese, so I'm sure we'll be blogging about a lot of that. And I don't care if it's "authentic" or not (I've never been to Mexico or China, so how would I know anyway). I just want it to be yummy. Gristle is not yummy, authentic or not :P

It will definitely be entertaining reading. Brien and I love to argue, so I'm sure that will show in our posts. I give mad props to servers that can split the check without making themselves look like a total idiot (hey, I'm an accountant...what can I say), while Brien probably thinks I'm a total dork in this way.

Background on myself: I'm pushing 40. I'm a full-time accountant and a part-time college student. I'm originally from Mishawaka, Indiana (which is where I met Brien 14 years ago) - a mecca of cuisine. Not. Although I do miss Barnaby's and Bruno's (the 2 best pizza places EVER).

So....let the eating begin!

Kristi

No comments: