Monday, January 12, 2009

Urban Tea Loft - Chandler, AZ

Brien -

I'd been to this place previously three times. The first two times were at the beginning of the summer, and the last time was recently on a saturday. This past saturday I actually didn't go with Kristi, so this is just a review of my own. 
Wow. Thats all I have to say. What a change. Previous to this, the food was great, they'd used high quality ingredients, and everything was great! This past time has been amazingly bad. Its like they went to Sams Club and threw together anything they could. Incredibly bad.
Soul food saturdays? I thought I was in a tea house. If I wanted soul food, I'd go to someone who knows soul food - Lolo's or Mrs White's. The mac and cheese was the worst mac and cheese I've had since KFC. It was dried out. How long had they had the mac and cheese sitting there? The sweet potatoes tasted like it had about 5 pounds of sugar in them and had a strange maple undertone. I've never tasted maple syrup in Mrs White's sweet potatoes. Though the sauce they use for the sweet potatoes might be good on pancakes...

The tea was good, but nothing I can't get cheaper at Adagio. (Adagio.com) And I can get the "Ingenuitea" pots cheaper there too.
Seriously, if you want real soul food, go to Lolo's. Skip this place. Its not worth the hefty price they charge...

No comments: